How do you tell a stranger to be better at social distancing? What do you do when a backyard gathering suddenly has one too many unmasked guests? This episode walks through the new rules of etiquette during COVID-19.
Full story of excerpts below at Source: >How To Politely Ask Someone To Follow COVID-19 Guidelines : Life Kit : NPR
“Although we are living through a pandemic, says Swann, people still want to treat each other with kindness and respect — and “conduct themselves so that they’re not offending others, not hurting other people’s feelings.”
1. How do I tell somebody — especially a stranger — to step back because that person is just too close to me?
2. What if I ask a person to keep their distance or put on their mask — and they say no?
3. It makes my blood boil when I see people not following the pandemic guidelines. Can I intervene?
4. What if I’m at a socially distanced outdoor gathering and, after a few hours, people start to bend the rules a little bit?
5. A friend invited me to hang out. How do I know whether it’s safe to do so? We might not be on the same page with the pandemic protocols.
6. BONUS ADVICE: What the heck do I do with my mask at a socially distanced meal?